View single post by kneff
 Posted: 09-15-2005 11:37 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
kneff

When I purchased my J-H, it had a Delta header that seemed to be in OK condition. No visible holes or rust. Aft of the header, the exhaust system was toast, so I replaced it with the Delta system.

I did the installation myself, then took the car to a muffler shop to have everything welded together. When I left the shop, it sounded great. Now, the car sounds like it has a hole in the exhaust.

I know, I probably should have replaced the header but it seemed - in fact seems - fine. I can't see any holes, can't find any trace of leaking exhaust. It certainly sounds loud enough for there to be a hole somewhere, though.

I have run the engine while the car is on jack stands, looking for leaks. The loudest point seems to be the 4 into 1 collector at the end of the header, but again I cannot see any visible holes or leaking exhaust.

I tightened all of the header bolts, thinking that there might be a leak between the head and the manifold, but it made no difference.

I hate the thought of replacing the header, especially the though of cutting my newly-installed, newly-welded pipe to get the old header out and the new one in.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any brilliant ideas?

Thanks,
Ken