View single post by answerman
 Posted: 10-07-2016 05:12 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

If you're that good of a metal worker, all the power in the world to you. I made my own floor pans last winter and that was complicated enough.

I'm somewhere in between the other guys here. This looks like a LOT of work. I agree with Tim that most people here would probably not take this project on. Having said that, anything is doable with the right tools and skills.

If it was me, and assuming that the rest of the car is structurally solid (my biggest concern would be the rockers/sills) I think I'd be looking for another car to cut these sections out of for grafting onto your car. Especially that area under the windshield. The problem is that with the monocoque construction, these parts are all part of the structural integrity of the car and just patching them up isn't as easy or effective as it might be on another car.

Hindsight being 20/20, it's too bad you didn't take this on 3 years earlier as I had a parts car that would have been perfect for you (pretty much rust free but the front end had been crunched pretty well). I took everything I could off of it and sent it to the crusher. It never occurred to me that anyone would try to replace the parts you're looking at.