View single post by Greg Fletcher
 Posted: 09-12-2005 05:53 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Greg Fletcher

Friday afternoon I counted 20 Jensens- 13 Interceptors and 7 Jensen Healeys. Kudos to the organizers, I know it's a thankless and time consuming job to grind out an event like this, but I think all Jensen owners need to rethink the future of this event.

Are the glory days of the Jensen National Meet over? A Jensen National Meet in the past meant 50-80 cars and 100-140 people at the banquet dinner on the last night. I'd hardly call this a "National" meet- it was really more like a local club function as far attendance goes. I enjoyed talking to owners and seeing the cars of course, but I was greatly disheartened to see a turnout this low. Something needs to be done to fix this and I can tell you right now that planning a National Meet event in the middle of the week, as this one was done, is not going to help anything.

We only came for the afternoon on Friday, as I needed to work the other days, so I can't judge the overall event, just what I saw on Friday afternoon. I brought my video camera, but the "car show" was over (2pm) before I could even retrieve it from the car. Apparently, the show ended and there were no other events planned in the afternoon, just a dinner in the evening.