View single post by Randallclary@icloud.com
 Posted: 05-23-2016 04:17 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Randallclary@icloud.com

Well I replaced the regulator and set it for 2 lbs. Car ran great but then after a few minutes it started to miss again. I immediately checked the fuel pressure and it was near zero so I adjusted it again to 2 lbs and off I went. Same problem after a few minutes. I bought a new Holly 12-804 which is adjustable from 1 to 4 psi. I have an inline fuel pressure gauge just ahead of the Dellorto 45's and have a fuel filter between the new gas tank and the fuel pump. I'm thinking of adding one more fuel filter ahead of the pressure regulator.

Tomorrow I am going to make sure the fuel line is clear from the gas tank to the engine compartment and then blow it out with compressed air. I will disconnect the line at the fuel pump and blow it out forward from there and then go to the engine compartment and blow it back to the rear and once more to be sure everything is clear. I will see if any debris comes out from either end.

Are there any other suggestions that might help me with this problem that has plagued me for the past month. I really want to get the car road worthy.

Thanks ahead of time for everyone's help.