View single post by Randallclary@icloud.com
 Posted: 01-05-2016 02:51 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Randallclary@icloud.com

I have recently installed my rebuild engine with a 2.2 L stroker crank and 10.5:1 pistons with Dellorto 45's. Has anyone put one of these Accusump units in their car. It sounds like a fairly inexpensive way to provide pre-lubrication to the engine prior to starting up and providing increased reliability for the Lotus 907 engine. I'm not sure what kit to order. I went on the Summit Racing web site and am thinking of going with the 2 Qt accumulator and an electric operated solenoid kit, but not sure of the pressure range to choose. Any help here would be appreciated.

The reason is I being cautious is that the oil pressure gauge takes a little time to show positive pressure and it holds around 50 psi after several seconds. It might be the oil pressure line that I use. The other reason is that I have so much time and $ invested in this engine that I don't want to take any chances of a lube failure.

I got a new oil pressure with a SS hose from the Sunbeam Tiger Club here in So CA. The hose seems to have a smaller ID than the plastic line what was on the JH originally. I would also appreciate any comments here.

Last edited on 01-05-2016 02:57 am by Randallclary@icloud.com