View single post by answerman
 Posted: 12-23-2015 04:46 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

So, I'm in the process of making new floor pans for Ms. Jenavieve, and I'm getting close to having the drivers side done.

At the moment, I'm struggling a bit with the curve along the transmission tunnel, where it curves in and then straightens out before hitting the 90 degree curve at the front. Hopefully you know where I'm talking about.

Anyway, I was looking at the JHPS store and saw a picture of the aftermarket floor pan. I noticed that the pan isn't curved in that picture... back to front, it starts out straight, then angles over to where the 90 degree curve starts. It doesn't have the gentle curve along the transmission tunnel.

The reason I'm asking this is I was wondering... that seems like it would move that front 90 degree curve over to the left quite a bit, probably close to an inch. And that's where your heel sits when you have your foot on the accelerator pedal.

For those who have installed these... is it noticeable? Less room for your heel? Does it change the angle of your foot? Because it is a MUCH simpler piece to create without the curve, but I don't want to mess with comfort too much.

If this isn't clear, let me know and I will try to come up with pictures to explain better.