View single post by stevegarnjobst
 Posted: 11-09-2015 12:48 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stevegarnjobst

subwoofer wrote:
Are you allowed to touch the head? Just cleaning up the bowls of the ports and radius grinding the seats should make the head flow better, and pulling the cams together a bit will add overlap and move the torque a bit upwards in RPM, if you balance it so it will take the extra RPM.

But: personally I would never go racing in a car without even a roll bar, a 6-point cage is really the minimum. Are you serious that you can race with the stock windscreen and nothing else?

--
Joachim

No head porting allowed. I can do intake & exhaust port matching up to 1" deep, which is apparently of some help on these engines. I'm hoping to make it through the first season without tearing the engine down, as I have plenty of suspension sorting to accomplish before more power will become a priority. Since I'm not allowed to change the stock valve springs or connecting rods, I was assuming a higher rev limit wouldn't be advisable. However, if I can safely get a few hundred extra revs with a balanced, but otherwise internally stock 907, that could be useful. Even if the power is falling off, avoiding extra shifts can be valuable in autocross.

No roll bar required for the low speed autocross events the car will primarily be used for. It's also a street-legal vehicle, so I would be concerned about street safety with a roll bar, as they're typically not safe to use without a helmet - especially in a smaller vehicle, where your head is so close to the bars. If I ever choose to use the car for higher speed track events, it will receive appropriate safety upgrades (roll bar, full safety harness, extinguiser, etc).

-Steve

Last edited on 11-09-2015 12:50 pm by stevegarnjobst