View single post by stevegarnjobst
 Posted: 11-09-2015 11:11 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
stevegarnjobst

subwoofer wrote:
Would you be allowed to replace the bumpers with the early type? Should save a quite few tens of pounds right there, the rubber bumpers are heavy. I can't remember where I heard it, but the pair weighs in at around 110 pounds?

Changing over to EFI shouldn't be too much work, especially with Mike's pieces. But expect a trip to a (steady state) dyno to make the most of it.

Are you allowed to increase the compression ratio? The JH desperately needs at least one more point of compression, preferably two or more.

--
Joachim

I already have a set of Mark 1 bumpers sitting in the garage, waiting for a trip to the powdercoat shop. The set only weighs 29.4 lbs, including the brackets. I haven't pulled the rubber bumpers off yet, but don't doubt the 110lb figure, as those things are HUGE.

Unfortunately, high compression pistons and/or cam upgrades aren't allowed. So power upgrades will be limited. Going with EFI should at least help keep the power more consistent and predictable. I have a very meticulous tuner I've worked with for years who can optimize the tune for me. I assume this will take a bit of work, as Mike's base maps likely assume some of the upgrades I'm not allowed.

Last edited on 11-09-2015 11:20 am by stevegarnjobst