View single post by George
 Posted: 08-31-2005 02:44 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
George

After Action Report - I finished the rear suspension. And thought I would add a few comments. I used all Delta Motor Sports bushings and all my original bolts fit. The only problem I faced was if I tried to push a bolt thru from the side I had ground down(per the instructions). It would not go in. I had to send the bolt thru from the opposite side and tap it a few times with a hammer. The only real problem I faced was getting the old bushings out. As discussed, I ended up drilling out the rubber and then using a reciprocating saw on the outer metal. I managed to push one out with a threaded rod and washers, but if I were to do it again, I wouldn’t waste much time on this approach. If they don’t push out relatively easily, I would recommend going straight to cutting. Putting in the new ones was very easy with the threaded rod.  The prothane DMS bushings are in two parts and pushed in from both sides, not sure how this compares to the Superpro ones. 

Once I recover mentally from the ordeal and my scraped knuckles heal, on to the front. I will soon be printing out your postings on this, Mark.  Thanks to all for the advice.