View single post by NigelK
 Posted: 05-05-2015 02:27 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NigelK

I think I've got as close as I'm going to get. This bottle / pump assembly (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-215822ALT) was used in post 1980 Minis, the Rover SD1 and various Triumphs. The pump is riveted to the top of the bottle, rather than being mounted on the side, but the bottle is the same dimensions as the original (12.5mm x 8.5mm x 16.5mm) and should fit on the same bracket. I ended up buying a similar sized ACP replacement for the rear washer bottle / pump in my GT and had to do a lot of fettling to make it fit.

Coincidentally, I think Lotus used the same size washer bottle on the 1970s Elite and on the Eclat, based on some spares that LotusBits had in stock.

I think the original must have been a low volume aftermarket Tudor accessory as I haven't even seen a picture of it anywhere on the web. I suspect supplies of this washer bottle ran out at some point during the GT production run, and Jensen reverted to using up stocks of the taller Trico washer bottle as used in the JH, hence the existence of the two different types of washer bottle in the GT parts book.