View single post by NigelK
 Posted: 05-05-2015 12:35 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NigelK

Hi Jim

Yeah, when I was trying to find those mounting assemblies, Andy Brooks at Appleyards had the insulators in polyeurethane but not the metal housings, crush tubes and threads, and I wanted to replace these as well. Plus I've avoided using polyeurethane components in the suspension generally as I want to keep my GT's ride as soft as possible.

Section E14 of the workshop manual states that the distance between the front bump stop and its seating should be 22 mm under normal laden conditions. At the end of section E25 is a drawing which will allow you to check the geometry of the sub-frame. You've already picked up the section E28 reference to the 50 mm clearance between the rear bump stop and its seating. Also check diagram K6 at the end of the body section, which provides the correct measurements for the chassis (albeit not the suspension components). I can email you the relevant pages if you don't have them.

If there's anything else on geometry in the JML literature I would have thought it would be in the JH service bulletins, which I don't have. I think Richard Calver should have all of these, so it might be worth dropping him a line.

Keith Jackson is also worth talking to, but if there is nothing else in the JML literature re geometry then you might also want to speak to some JH restoration gurus, like Andy Brooks or David Booth.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Nigel