View single post by NigelK
 Posted: 05-05-2015 09:16 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NigelK

Hi Jim

I've been having almost exactly the same issue with my GT, and with almost the same amount of differential lean to the driver's side. Uncanny! Here is what I have done to try to remedy the situation:

1. All new suspension bushes and shocks front and rear
2. New front coil springs
3. Removed 7mm spacer that was fitted between the passenger side coil spring seat and the sub-frame. This was factory fit on GTs (and possibly later JHs?) but no one knows why

After all this there is still a differential lean to the driver's side, albeit now around 15mm.

My last chance is the sub-frame chassis mounting assemblies. These are rectangular rubber blocks enclosing a horizontal metal crush tube and a vertical steel thread. A bolt through the crush tube affixes the assembly to the sub-frame, while the vertical thread passes through the chassis rail and is fastened with a washer and nut in the engine compartment.

Perishing of the rubber block will allow the crush tube and thread (and the chassis) to move relative to the sub-frame, perhaps accounting for the lean. It's worth taking a look at these mountings (you'll need to drop the sub-frame to access them) and replace them if necessary. Robey's don't have them in stock, but they are available at Delta.

I've just bought a couple and am hoping they'll do the trick. If not, then the problem on my GT must be that the chassis was not welded in alignment...

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Nigel