|View single post by Lash Russell|
|Posted: 01-03-2015 07:02 pm||
|I have an interesting question for the aficionados and purists:
Is there such a thing with Jensen Healeys as "number matching" primarily wrt VIN numbers correlating to engine numbers and even transmission numbers? This is more of a technical query IMHO as I haven't been exposed to this discussion before and at this point in time the values of a JH don't lend themselves to this level of scrutiny in my view.
That doesn't mean however that in the future it won't be more of a concern or issue or that there are JH owners/fans who wouldn't currently be interested. I guess more specifically the questions are:
(1) Were records kept of correlating engine numbers to VIN numbers?
(2) Were records kept of correlating transmission numbers to VIN numbers?
(3) Were records kept correlating other components that have specific serial numbers to the VIN?
(4) Were records kept of other components (options) being on the car from the factory? IE Build Sheet, etc?
(5) If there are these records, do we have access to them?
In an impromptu JH meeting in Castle Rock CO with Gerald Thornbrugh, Rick Willard, and myself this question came up. It was interesting that three long, long, time JH fans and owners of many JH's hadn't pondered this question deeper before.