View single post by bora450
 Posted: 10-03-2014 07:56 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
bora450

My JH-5 is close to resurrection after and engine rebuild, transmission rebuild, and engine compartment restoration.

I’ve got some questions about the wiring harness that feeds the ignition coil. First, a friend’s early ’74 has two connectors behind the cylinder head, feeding all of the circuits. This late ’74 has one connector feeding the engine circuits and a smaller harness splitting off of the main harness near the brake booster.

This harness includes the 12 volts to the coil, shown as the short wire at the top of the photo. At the left are the green and green/black wires for the windshield washer pump. Now there are three wires that are not part of the harness in my friend’s car and were not connected to anything in my car. The white wire is energized when the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the black wire is a ground. They were wrapped together with the windshield washer pump wires and stuck out another 8 inches or so. The red/yellow wire has a round push-on female connector just like the side marker lamps. It is energized when the lights are on which makes me think that there should be an under-hood light, probably with a tilt switch incorporated in it to turn it off. But there are no holes left over for a lamp and no lamp came with the car. Could some of the later cars have an under-hood lamp attached at the windshield washer nozzle on the hood? The wire is long enough to reach.

All help to enlighten me is appreciated.
Claus

Attachment: bDSC01436.jpg (Downloaded 111 times)