View single post by Randallclary@icloud.com
 Posted: 09-01-2014 05:35 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Randallclary@icloud.com

I purchased my JH in October 2013 then retiring after 40+ years working for GE and Siemens. I have been following the tech forum and really appreciate the way everyone tries to help each other with solving problems that come up with the Jensen Healey. I plan on the following:

Engine Rebuild with a 2.2 stroker crank and Delorto Carbs and 10.5:1 compression pistons and a rebuilt ported head. Have all the parts and most machining complete for the engine rebuild. I plan on going thru the transmission and making sure that it is in good condition.

Have stripped the body down for a complete paint job for the engine compartment and the complete exterior of the body. Have repaired small rust issues behind the driver side door and under the battery box. I will modify the back of the car to drive without bumpers. Going with a Lexus color "Silver Lining Metallic" with a clear coat finish. The engine compartment will be mostly that color. Interior with reupholstered seats in a maroon leatherette. Dash and side panels to match with black floor carpeting in the passenger and trunk.

I purchased a soda blaster from Harbor Freight and used it with a good sized air compressor and removed most all the exterior and engine compartment paint myself. My body shop owner was very appreciative and we are working well together.

The car is at the body shop in Lancaster, CA being repaired and painted by Mike Hewitt. I will post pictures of the process on this thread for anyone to view and comment.

Attachment: WP_20140828_009.jpg (Downloaded 527 times)

Last edited on 09-16-2014 02:57 pm by Randallclary@icloud.com