View single post by Frank Schwartz
 Posted: 07-23-2014 08:11 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Frank Schwartz

Oh, gosh..Well, Ron blew his engine...I don't know if it was an oil line or overly stressed and metal fatigue and engine destruction or what . I think he is out of JH Racing...I wanted to get the five speed tranny, bell housing and rear end for the 4 speed one we have here, but he "disposed" of it, he told me....
Those oil lines, like most hoses, are deceptive. They look good, but can be old and brittle. I usually get those steel encased ones from Delta, but wonder if they are any better than the standard replacement hoses. There is a hydraulic hose company n Nashville that often does stuff for me and Mark...they do Caterpillar stuff and the like..but with the proper fittings can put some real tuff lines together. Mark has a JH with early engine (4 speed of course) if you are interested. I know he is not going to work on it and get it on the road and I keep after him to part it out, but he refuses...might be what you need, if you need another "tub"Has most of the stuff with it...just was under a shed for years and is grungy...and does need a bit of body work.... I think the windshield is good, too. If you are interested, I can give you his email.