View single post by answerman
 Posted: 06-16-2014 09:11 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

I've been quiet here, but not elsewhere: instead of working on Ms. Jenavieve, I finally get to reap some of the rewards in driving her and showing her off.

Had a fabulous time at Jensen East (really surprised no one's posted pics here) and this past weekend took part in our second British Car Field Day in Sussex, WI. Once again, I was the only Jensen there (honest, I recruited people at Jensen East) but it was still fun, even though she got classed as a big Healey again.

From the front... lots of people stopped to (1) read the sign, and (2) ask why she had a muffler under her hood.  I told people it was a spare in case the rear one fell off :-)

From the rear, obviously.  Spent 6 hours the day before scrubbing down the orange peel with 1000/1500/2000 grit wet sandpaper, followed by a couple of grades of Meguiar's cutting polish and finished with caranuba wax.  Did all but the hood (that has its own set of issues and I didn't want to bite off more than I could chew that day).  Came out nice, in a way it's almost a bit more authentic finish since I lost just a little bit of gloss overall.  Had a few people ask if it was her original paint.

And the view of all her cousins.  Austin-Healey 100s and 3000s.  Obviously they got all the votes in the class.  It was fun just being there though.

Last edited on 06-16-2014 09:22 pm by answerman