View single post by Joel
 Posted: 08-15-2005 03:35 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joel

i was walking by my car today - sitting quietly in the drive way. i had not run it for a day. and, lo and behold, the left turn signal was blinking away. it had come on all by itself. . .i played with the switch to no avail. i thought perhaps the problem might be there as the entire unit is loose and needs some sorting out (the ring used to tighten the unit is broken - I figured that out while searching for the source of the ghostly 'lucas smoke' that turned on my signal light).

anyway, i got the damn thing to shut off by unplugging the relay under the dash. it had been on for a while and was quite warm - ouch warm - to the touch.

my first thought is to replace this relay. any other thoughts? i'll call delta tomorrow to see if they have the relay. but, i figured you fellas might have some insight as to whether this is the problem or not.

i'm just glad i saw it flashing before it either melted some wires (the relay was HOT!) or ran the battery down. maybe i should buy some of the lucas smoke that was on ebay?