View single post by answerman
 Posted: 04-09-2014 08:43 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

Actually, I just got back from the radiator shop. It's still in the chemical cleaning stage. His line was that they have to do a treatment, let it do its thing, rinse, dry, repeat and that it's a slow process... if they just let the chemicals sit it could blow right through the tank.

Plausible, but your theory's crossed my mind too regarding it being a back burner project. I did let them know that I was hoping to have her back together and drivable within the next week and a half to try to light a bit of a fire under them... he then said that it should be done next week. We'll see.

And thanks for your kind words... the paint didn't come out quite as nice as I had hoped, a little orange peel. Hoping that I'll be able to sand and buff it out. Regardless, even as is it's a huge improvement over what I started with, and I'm not talented enough to create a concours quality show car. She just needs to not embarrass me as a fun semi-daily driver and last a while with the couple of thousand miles a year she'll probably get.