View single post by answerman
 Posted: 03-31-2014 07:15 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

As promised, got the lids painted yesterday. Hood/bonnet and trunk/boot lid are a nice shiny red now. Plus, I had to sand and reshoot the headlight surrounds as I had a couple of drips I didn't notice the first time around. Note for successful painting: LOTS of light so you can see what you're doing.

The photographic evidence:

Saturday afternoon, after priming was complete.

Nice red fenders!

Bonnet and boot to match...

And the sugar scoops, post oopsrepair.

Only thing left to strip and repaint are the doors. At this point, if my repaired gas tank is done today or tomorrow, I am thinking it's time to bring Ms. J back home and reassemble what I have disassembled before tackling the doors. I've got the resurfaced rotors and drums from the parts car all ready to swap onto Ms. J, and my club store order arrived last week with new pads, new shoes, a new rear brake hose (I replaced the front last year), and a new filter element for the factory airbox.

I plan to do the brakes before anything else since I've got more room to work with with the fenders removed, and after that do the application of the truck bedliner on the rockers. Once that's done, it's time to start the remounting of the fenders and everything else that's been removed... we'll see how good of a job I did of labeling everything I removed. Expecting more that one instance of "ok, where did I remove this from?" and the inevitable "why do I have parts left over?".

Last edited on 03-31-2014 07:16 pm by answerman