View single post by Ricardo
 Posted: 11-18-2013 09:38 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ricardo

there will be no oval shaped cylinder walls since they will be bored and honed.
 Thanks Yelowdog and everyone else for your advice, the paper FROM THE MANUFACTURER states that the clearance at  0.5" up from the bottom of the skirt is to be 0.0025", but as it was pointed out by you guys (And I've done with all the engines I've put together before) a clearance of  0.003" to 0.0035" is much much reasonable.
Rings at 0.016" to 0.019" gap and at 45 degrees ring gap to ring gap.
Also I had a parts car from which I took everything I could before sending an empty carcass to the wrecking yard.
 So now I have a spare 4 speed, probably a 5 speed (if I can find a reasonable w-58  or a Tremec), an extra 4 speed complete rear end Stromberg carburetors and the intake manifold and several other parts.
 Someone had posted that he was adapting a four speed bellhousing to accommodate a t-5?  Would like to know how did that turn out.
 Also, Which T-5 was used?, there are several variations and they were mounted in different manufacturers's vehicles.
 Any one replaced or reinforced the "chassis" rails?  How and with what?  Mine are still fairly good, but showing the age and I am proactive, not reactive to this would be problems.
 Guys, need all the help I can get and Thanks in advance to all of you.
     Ricardo