View single post by Jim Picot
 Posted: 09-21-2013 10:56 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jim Picot

Having sandblasted, weld-repaired and painted the rear suspensions upper and lower trailing arms, time came this weekend to fit the new Superpro polyurethane suspension bushes to the six pivot points.

But how? The new bushes differ from the old rubber bushes in having a lip or flange on each end (like a cotton reel), presumably to keep the bush in place once it's installed. But there is no way the bush can be compressed sufficiently to fit into the housing in the first place. The original rubber bushes don't have this lip, so would slide straight in.

I've read one report where the owner ended up cutting the metal housing out of the arms, but this doesn't seem right - I've no desire to risk destroying these hard to obtain parts, especially now they've been cleaned, repaired and painted.

So, any ideas? How have members done this in the past? I've emailed Superpro but haven't had an answer yet (only yesterday though), I'l call them next week. But meanwhile, if anyone has some ideas or comments, I'd greatly appreciate them!

Jim, Melbourne
JH 18024