View single post by Primordious
 Posted: 08-20-2013 06:38 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Primordious

According to the research I've done on the web the 1969-1976 Triumph TR-6 master cylinder is a bolt on replacement for the original Jensen Healey unit. Looking at RockAuto,com they have three different brands available with the prices ranging from $114 to $270 USD. What I'm wanting to find out is if anyone has tried the various brands and did they have any reliability issues with them. I'd rather do this job once, instead of dealing with shipping back defective parts.

Uro/APA $114 This is the Chinese manufactured MC. I'm a bit leery of using this one given the reputation of chinese metal castings. I know a few years back Speedway had a big problem with their street rod dropped axles that came from China, they were shattering under normal usage and the problem was traced back to nitrogen embrittlement of the castings.

A-1 Cardone Remanufactured $140 I've had good luck with A-1 Cardone on domestic cars, never had a bad one out of the box.

Beck/Arnley $270 Never used this brand before, is there something about the Beck/Arnley MC that makes it worth the extra $130 over the A-1 Cardone price?