View single post by Dan Collier
 Posted: 08-01-2005 06:12 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dan Collier

After adjusting the timing by loosening the timing belt and moving the distributor by three notches, I took the Jensen out for a few spins. I am completely HAPPY! with the results. The transmission is smooth and very quite as I accelerated though all the gears. The real delight was when I shifted to the fifth gear and the motor relaxed to a comfortable level.

Next step in the conversion was to put my center console back and check the shift clearance. This began the next problem area and a modification will be necessary. The forward to rear lever motion is far greater than the original 4 speed lever action. The shifter sleeve diameter of the Toyota takes away even more precious space. I remove the glued on sleeve and found the short shifter still bangs into my cigerrette lighter plate. I'm hoping I can fine one to heat and bend. Toyota Conversion
Update August 4, 2005: Went the the wrecking yard today and pulled a used shifter assembly with the hold down plate. Got all of it for $12.50 plus $2.00 admission.

Dan Collier
JH74 14381 2.2L
Jensen-Healey Preservation Photo Gallery

Last edited on 08-04-2005 11:42 pm by Dan Collier