View single post by Art DeKneef
 Posted: 12-11-2012 04:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Art DeKneef

Having a heated garage to work in is nice when it's cold. Being from the Chicago area I know how cold it can get there.
Having a place to paint is a bonus. Trying to paint in the garage is a pain without the added issues of ventilation and overspray to deal with. What color and type of paint are you planning? My current quick project, which hasn't been as quick as I hoped, is a copper/bronze single stage. Need to spray the engine compartment and hood. The other full restoration car will be base coat/clear coat.
When I have done brake work I usually do everything so I know what I have. It may take a little longer and cost a little more, but the thought of everything being checked and fixed is worth it.
A new switch sounds to be the answer. The tach will involve a little more work.
If an adjustment of the carb's choke assembly doesn't solve the issue then I would think taking it apart and checking would be the next step. I'm rebuilding a set right now and after taking them apart I can see why the car didn't run all that well. They were pretty dirty on the inside. Not that hard just time consuming with all the parts for rebuilding.