View single post by answerman
 Posted: 09-10-2012 07:57 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
answerman

Howdy everyone... a new club member here.  This weekend I took possession of JH 16173.  It's at home so I don't have the engine number handy.  Looking forward to the trials and tribulations of bringing her back to a respected status. 

It's a 1974 MkII, must be early from what I've been able to figure out (has the stainless trim over the bumpers and the rounded headlight pods).  Red (which has at least been oversprayed in spots if not completely repainted, you can see it on the plate on the drivers door in the photo) with a tan interior.  She runs OK, drives OK, and isn't in horrible shape (actually looks great from a distance) but needs the usual floor and rocker work.   The interior is in great shape, not a rip or tear anywhere, which makes me wonder if it's not original.  The convertible top has been replaced fairly recently and the seller also had the factory hardtop, original JH owners manual (complete with foldout wiring diagram inside the back cover), shop manual, and all the receipts from the past 10 years or so.  I'm feeling pretty good about her.

Appleton, WI if anyone else is in the area...

Attachment: JH16173-1-800.jpg (Downloaded 308 times)

Last edited on 09-10-2012 08:15 pm by answerman