View single post by Harkes
 Posted: 07-26-2005 10:50 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Harkes

in view of my upcoming conversion towards the Toyota Supra W58 5sp (my JH has the 4sp) i was wondering if anyone out there has already gone through this conversion and used the JHPS/Conversion Components conversion kit.

I would love to see pictures and learn about what needs to be done other than modifying the propshaft which in itself is quite tricky enough.

i have a question regarding the conversion kit's tranny mount crossmember: does it mount to the 4sp original tranny mount bolts or does one need to drill new holes? Does it need spacers (i hope not, cause without would be a much better fit)

i saw pictures of Dan's 5sp toyota conversion on http://www.jhppg.com and saw he needed spacers for the tranny mount crossmember. I can't imagine conversion components built and designed the crossmember to use spacers otherwise they would have designed it differently. Can anyone tell if and/or what is wrong there?

i'm still to order the conversion kit but would like to know before hand the work involved.

thanks, Erik, JH 15175 "The Shark", Netherlands

Last edited on 07-26-2005 11:36 am by Harkes