View single post by Brett Gibson JH5 20497
 Posted: 04-10-2012 01:02 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Brett Gibson JH5 20497

Nick, if you look at were the two oil cooler hoses connect at the engine just in back of the oil filter you will see they go into a "Flange"  on one side of the flange is the oil filter which seals with it's own O-ring on the other side of the flange it goes up against the oil pump, that is the area were there is also another O-ring, I change mine every other oil change otherwise it dry's out and leaks.

That O-ring can be found as I said on a Fram Oil filter PH3682 so you take the o-ring of the fram filter and use it on the flange, the only down side is that you end up tossing a perfectly good oil filter, by the way the filter fights a 94 Nissan maxima V6 I had one at one time and happened to be doing a oil change on both cars (JH) and Max and just noticed that the O-ring was the same so I have been using them ever since.

As for the drian plug seeing you have a new one coming vise grips or a pipe wrench should get it off, doesn't matter how much you chew up the old one as long as you get it off, good luck.

Brett