View single post by George
 Posted: 07-24-2005 03:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
George

I too am installing a Pertonix ignition in my car, and like everyone else it seems, I am having my share of problems. I have read most of the other helpful posts and sites, but now have a particular problem or misunderstanding of how one is supposed to set the timing.

My distributor was attached to the oil pump by one 10mm bolt going thru a metal plate that is welded to the bottom of the distributor. Where the bolt goes thru this plate it has a slot that allows for some play. I read all the warnings about loosening the metric nut to take out the distributor and not touching the clamp. I am not sure I removed the correct thing, but there seems to be no other. Is my distributor missing some sort of clamp that I am supposed to use to adjust the timing? The little knurled knob on the side will not move at all, but it may just need more force, but I can’t see as the knob has anything to shift. Any ideas?

Does someone have a photo or two they could post of what the base of the distributor is supposed to look like? I would post a pic of mine, but my camera broke yesterday. Thanks for any help.

George

JH5 19062