View single post by Bob 13902
 Posted: 12-21-2011 07:34 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Bob 13902

It's been a half-dozen years since a lot of chatter on engine upgrades, so I wanted to "test" what I am concluding for my rebuild - before I purchase the parts - I figure some of those rebuilds got done and I could benefit from any knowledge and if performance expectations were met.
My 1973 Jensen-Healey Rebuild Plan:
Goal:  Street use (ability to autocross once in awhile) with strong power in low/mid-range for acceleration and to stay ahead of most of the Jensen-Healey's out there (especially Brett's).
·         Upper End - upgrades as follows:
o   107 JHPS cams (keep existing springs as long as characteristics still good)
o   EV8 Stainless oversize intake and exhaust valve set
o   HTD Sprockets with half-moons...any suggestions on best place to purchase?
·         Lower End - stay with existing 907 2.0L crank; upgrades as follows:
o   High Compression Forged Pistons (~10.5:1); 0.030" over (retain existing liners which are 0.030" over, provided new piston to cylinder gap is satisfactory after hone) ...any suggestions on best place to purchase?
o   Standard replacement bearings (main and connecting rod) ...any suggestions on best place to purchase?
·         Dell 45's (already purchased)
o   36mm chokes
o   jets: Main (160), A/C (230), Idle (58), 5-hole progression, ...
·         Electronic Ignition (existing), with distributor conversion for mechanical advance (due to change from Stromberg to Dells)
·         Jet coat headers (Delta high performance header) ...any suggestions on someone to perform?