View single post by carl.bedlington
 Posted: 07-01-2011 12:46 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
carl.bedlington

We all know that the 907 engine was years before its time, especially for a 1972 production engine. We all strive to make improvements if not for performance but just reliability, with modern day technology and materials we opt for likes of electronic ignition, forged pistons etc. But one thing I cannot find any informtion on is improvements for the cylinder head other than larger St Steel valves and the later zeus head. Wanting to retain the original look but striving for performance and most importantly reliability.

Can the cylinder head be brought into the 21st century with the addition of 'valve stem oil seals'  and 'Beehive valve springs'?

Has anyone replaced the valve guides with the addition of valve stem oil seals? Surely this would be a good thing to do?

I have also been hearing and reading lots of rave reviews on the use of 'Beehive valve springs'; apparently due to the design they have a reduced resonance (the main reason double valve springs are used) therefore a single lighter spring can be used to do the same duty. With 16 valves to operate not only would this greatly reduce the energy absorbed to turn the cams it would put a lot less stress on the cam belt. I would love to hear anyones experience or comments on either of the above.

Cheers Carl