View single post by JodyKerr
 Posted: 05-27-2011 02:13 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
JodyKerr

Cort,

There was some discussion a while back about getting some of these made. The Jensen Healey version of the rubber bit is slightly different from the other cars to meet up with the curvature of the car's body.

Last time I talked to Jim he was either low on them or completely out. As it happens, I was just looking at this same part for Mum's Spitfire. The shape of the Spitfire rubber bits are close enough to the JH ones that only someone who really knows what they're looking at can tell. It appears that SpitBits has them (My favorite source for Spitfire bits) http://spitbits.com/1500/1500dashboard.htm They sell them as a set of 4 fr 80 dollars. Yep, price is a little steep, but you are paying for unobtainium.

Final option is to contact Martin Robey in the UK. You'll have to call them because their catalog works by Jensen Part # and the parts catalog doesn't have a P/N for the rubber bit. I did see that they were listing complete assemblies for ~50 Pounds. I think I spent a comparable amount for the last NOS JH one I purchased.

Jody