View single post by subwoofer
 Posted: 03-12-2011 06:01 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
subwoofer

I think I was confused for a second, there, I believe the disc I used in the above model is actually a VW disc, found on Golf III. It was just picked out of the Brembo catalog, and is by no means the final choice. I will find a disc geometry that makes further upgrades easy, there are hundreds of choices. The final choice should be a disc where larger disc diameters simply mean adding spacers between a bracket and a radial mount caliper.

The original JH wheels are difficult to work with for brake upgrades. There is not a lot of room for the outer corner of the caliper, and the rough model I built of the HiSpec Billet4 caliper suggests that the track must be widened slightly to make it fit. Extending the hub 1/4" outwards should be OK, but I don't want to go much beyond that. I am still waiting for an answer regarding an official CAD model from HiSpec. As you can see from the renderings, there isn't much room with the original disc and caliper.

The good thing about computer models is that you don't have to actually build something to see if it should fit.

--
Joachim