View single post by pbahr
 Posted: 02-08-2011 07:41 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic

Joined: 04-15-2005
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey USA
Posts: 198
Hi Pete,

Wonder of wonders.  Thanks to jgreen, I have in my hand a damper with the stroke that you described earlier.  First one that I've ever seen like this.

Seems that one of my earlier guesses was correct - the factory changed the design at some point.  The Girling part numbers, stamped in the larger diameter plastic end, are different.
  • Short stroke part:  64054600C,  GF25.     Has 1/2" stroke
  • Long stroke part: 64054600D,  CG48.      Has 1 3/8" stroke
The GF and CG numbers are probably a date code, but the C vs. D in the part number, I think, tells the tale.

Mystery solved ! ! ! !