View single post by JodyKerr
 Posted: 12-08-2010 12:33 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
JodyKerr

I wouldn't worry too much. You're just not going the traditional Jensen Healey route. With J-Hs we deal with much more weight, and are all secretly longing for the much later lotus 910 engines. :) I have to say that the 907 in a locost is an uncommon selection. But, as you get more into the car, if you want you can eventually get a LOT moer power down the road.

I think the project sounds like a lot of fun. I've had the locost books sitting on my shelf for a long time now. The idea is to eventually do one, but I've got 5 cars in the works right now. :)

I've read about the mikuni's being used a lot with little 4 bangers. Could/should be an interesting combination. I've been fighting with my bl**dy strombergs for a while now and am really leaning to FI instead, mainly because I dislike the carbs *that* much.  My other JH, however, is likely going to have the Dellortos.

I've had a number of my peers not quite understand the locost concept in the past. It's mainly about grabbing what's available and sticking it together. :)

Jody