View single post by superk83
 Posted: 12-08-2010 12:20 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
superk83

I don't understand how you can not see the hp/dollar value... Traditional Carbs, ie; webers, dells cost a few hundred dollars with the manifold before tuning. My R1 carbs cost $35... and another $35 with the proper jets... R1 carbs have been used on many 4 cylinder automotive applications and the jetting for specific displacements and airflow capabilities is fairly well documented.

For less than the cost of a new Lucas distributor, I'm getting Megajolt and the Ford EDIS system. The distributor alone costs nearly $300... Electronic ignition on top of that, another hundred or so...

I've already budgeted nearly a grand(USD) for the required gaket, ring and bearing kits.

Regarding Mike's Lotus Bits, I get paid in US dollars, which turns your 220 quid into $360, a bit much for the budget for a single component...

This is all going into an 1100 pound car, so I'm not looking for mega-hp... 150-160 would be great...

Hopefully, this doesn't sound rude...lol! On the other hand, if you're offering to trade a sorted 912 for a 907 and a zf 5 speed trans, I'm open...lol!

I don't want my first post to be taken the wrong way, I'm not trying to buck the establishment or piss people off, just wanting to learn as much as I can as I go along. I appreciate all of the knowledge available here and the unique perspectives each of you hold. Thank you all for your contribution...

By the way, what are the 912's going for these days? My ears and mind are open...