View single post by artmd
 Posted: 11-25-2010 03:42 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
artmd

I had a broken mounting to my turn signal for about 15 years and finally decided to replace it with the Lucas assembly from Delta.  I switched the wires without any problem but the blue collar was too long. I tried to shorten it with a Dremel as you described but I could not get it to fit right and it kept slipping and it would not automatically release.  So what I did was remove the white plastic collar from my old assembly and replaced the blue collar.  It works like new! The shorter arm is notable but not that big of a problem.

You must be very careful when you remove the plate that holds the collar in place because the inner workings of the turn signal is also behind the plate and it is full of springs and small plastic parts. If you do not have the assemble level and remove the two bolts slowly everything will pop out.  I learned it the hard way and had to buy a second turn signal. With this one I placed it in a vice, slowly removed the plate, placed the old white collar in place of the blue and I could not be happier.

Art